The Facilities Society is committed to taking a leading role in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this position are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of appropriate forms of transportation.
- Actively promote recycling internally and amongst its members, clients, customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Society.
- Seek an accredited programme to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
Our concern for the welfare of society at large and our people in particular is described in the Society's social responsibility statement.