The Facilities Society embraces its social responsibility (SR) to the communities in which it operates and to society at large. The Society and its people have a clear vision for social responsibility.
We act responsibly as a corporate good citizen in local, regional and international communities and in the research, education and research worlds. We help further society and the sustainability of human interests by engaging in, and improving access to, research and protecting our environment and nurturing our colleagues. Our strategy for achieving this vision involves six key initiatives:
- Support research that is beneficial to society.
- Make research and its results accessible.
- Use technology responsibly.
- Sustain and protect our environment.
- Support local and regional communities.
- Observe high ethical standards in business relationships.
- Our interest in the environment is elaborated in The Society’s environmental policy statement.