The Facilities Society is committed to taking a leading role in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this position are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of appropriate forms of transportation.
- Actively promote recycling internally and amongst its members, clients, customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Society.
- Seek an accredited programme to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- Our concern for the welfare of society at large and our people in particular is described in the Society’s social responsibility statement.